Friday, April 11, 2014

Home Time is More Important

Kids teach us valuable lessons when we stop and listen, really listen and reflect and then ultimately apply it to our grown up lives.
 
Homework - schoolwork that a student is required to do at home. 

It was the start of 6th grade and Timmy wasn't doing any home work at home.  He informed me that he didn't have to.  That he could finish it at school during work time or recess.  In the back of my mind I was thinking he was being bullied at school or he did not want to participate for some reason.  He always had a reason for doing things. 

During our next school Timmy meeting I asked if he plays during recess.  The teacher informed me that he did.  I asked if Timmy if he just interjected himself into others play or if he was being bullied. And they informed me no.

So I went home and asked Timmy why he doesn't do his homework at home.  And he replied;
"Because home time is more important"

"Oh"  how could I argue with that?

Now I have a yellow sticky note on my monitor at work;  "Home Time is More Important!"

No comments:

Post a Comment