Friday, April 9, 2010

Grasshopper friends

The rains brought heaps of grasshoppers to the desert.

I got off work early one day and decided to pick up the boys from school.  After entering Timmys room I has pulled aside - I was getting that dreaded look. The look where I wish I was very very small and not there.  The teacher informed me that Timmy was being cruel to the grasshoppers and his classmates were getting upset. Okay no one should be cruel to Gods creatures. 

So when I asked him why he was being cruel to the grasshoppers he told me if you take the legs off the grasshoppers they will not hop away - they can be your friend.

I wasn't sure how to react to that one - so I just gave him a hug.

Keeping with the grasshopper theme - on their last day of term 1 all the kids got to experience the taste of a cooked grasshopper.  My husband is calling foul  - how can you not ask parents for permission with all those food allergies.  I just thought it was cool.

Timmy ate 5 grasshoppers, but took off the legs because they were spiky.
Zach ate 1 and all his friends followed.

----------------------------------------------
Check out this personalized product that brought occasional sanity to our family.
http://www.thepersonalizedcup.com/

APXGHN3HJ2MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment