Friday, April 2, 2010

I created a Facebook Monster

A natural progression from having a email address (since age of 5) would be a Facebook account? 
Wrong.
I kind of knew that,  but hey I thought maybe it will help Timmy, my soon to be on ADHD medication nearly 8 year old son, with his reading and writing.  Okay the constant nagging and trying to get an account on his own and almost succeeding didn't help.  So I laid down the law.  I HAD TO BE THERE WHEN HE WAS USING FACEBOOK.

Wednesday - Timmy became an official underage Facebook fan.  Timmy acquired 2 friends (1 family member and 1 friend of the family). Timmy became a FARMVILLE farmer.

Thursday - Timmy acquired 1 more family friend.  Timmys FARMVILLE crops withered and died, 0 coins left.  But he recovered by selling the pigeon feeder. 

Friday during work -  It was a holiday so Timmy was home with his dad.  He calls me during the middle of the day and ask if I could get on Facebook so he could have a friend online. But I inform him we can't do that at work. About an hour before quiting time I get another couple of phone calls.  He was still probing for me to get on Facebook.

Timmy;  "Are you finished working" 
Mom; "Yeah, but I have another hour at work"
Timmy; "Okay ask your boss very, very, very nicely if you can go on Facebook"
Mom; "We don't have Facebook on our computers"
Timmy;  "Then ask your boss if you can download it - then delete it"
Mom: well I couldn't talk as was laughing too hard.  I put him on hold while I pulled myself together.  He was serious.

Friday after work - Timmy acquired 1 more family friend, 6 friend requests- didn't know any of them, and he was an official member of 3 fan clubs. Typed 1 comment on his older brothers page "I hat you. You are as hoo."

Timmy banned from Facebook by his mom.

Not the words I was expecting from him. More books - less Simpsons.
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Check out this personalized product that brought occasional sanity to our family.
http://www.mycolourcup.com/

6K5BUKVE8AR4

No comments:

Post a Comment